Continuing the journey in His grip.......

After being diagnosed with invasive breast cancer on October 22, 2007, I realized that raising money for breast cancer makes me feel like I am doing something instead of feeling helpless against this disease. This diagnosis was a big shock to us. I was 40 years old, always very healthy and I had 2 small children(3&1). Breast cancer does NOT run in my family.
With a very supportive husband, family & friends, I made it through months of chemo and major surgeries. As of April 3,2008, by God's grace, I am cancer free!!!! I decided that I wanted to continue the fight against breast cancer by forming a team called ”Kat’s Courage” and raising money to help put an end to this disease. There were so many breast cancer survivor's who encouraged me during my fight. To see these women not only survive breast cancer but thrive after breast cancer, gave me this courage to face my fears. I can only hope to encourage others in the same way. We have just completed the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-day for The Cure. We will continue to support different organizations that we believe in who are fighting against cancer and working for the cancer patient.

My Breast Cancer Journey

"THIS JOURNEY IS AN EVER-WINDING ROAD. I WILL WALK IT TALL, PROUD AND STRONG."

"I prayed every day that you would get well...now I pray that you would talk about something other than breast cancer awareness again"

gone fishin'

gone fishin'
caught some seaweed

Friday, July 30, 2010

12 weeks $12,000



October is a very special time for me.  It marks 3 years since my breast cancer diagnosis.  I thank God for his healing and my continued good health!  October also is breast cancer awareness month and the ATL 3-day breast cancer walk.

I really appreciate how much you have supported me in the past.  I just realized that we have 12 weeks until the 2010 3-day and we have to raise $12,000 more for all 8 of my team members to be able to walk.  We have really cool team t-shirts for a $20 donation.  We have a beautiful breast cancer quilt that we are raffling off on Oct. 1.  Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.  ANY amount donated is greatly appreciated! Please donate to me or one of my team members so all 8 of us can walk and so we can put an end to breast cancer.

One person is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes in the United States. 111 Women and 1 man dies everyday in the US from breast cancer.  No one should have to face this disease, so in order to create a future without breast cancer, I walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.       

Walking 60 miles is hard, but I will keep walking until breast cancer is no longer a threat. I walk for myself, my kids, my mom, my friends. I walk because everyone deserves a lifetime. I walk because I can.     Love,     Katrina

0 comments: