Continuing the journey in His grip.......

After being diagnosed with invasive breast cancer on October 22, 2007, I realized that raising money for breast cancer makes me feel like I am doing something instead of feeling helpless against this disease. This diagnosis was a big shock to us. I was 40 years old, always very healthy and I had 2 small children(3&1). Breast cancer does NOT run in my family.
With a very supportive husband, family & friends, I made it through months of chemo and major surgeries. As of April 3,2008, by God's grace, I am cancer free!!!! I decided that I wanted to continue the fight against breast cancer by forming a team called ”Kat’s Courage” and raising money to help put an end to this disease. There were so many breast cancer survivor's who encouraged me during my fight. To see these women not only survive breast cancer but thrive after breast cancer, gave me this courage to face my fears. I can only hope to encourage others in the same way. We have just completed the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-day for The Cure. We will continue to support different organizations that we believe in who are fighting against cancer and working for the cancer patient.

My Breast Cancer Journey

"THIS JOURNEY IS AN EVER-WINDING ROAD. I WILL WALK IT TALL, PROUD AND STRONG."

"I prayed every day that you would get well...now I pray that you would talk about something other than breast cancer awareness again"

gone fishin'

gone fishin'
caught some seaweed

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

3 weeks away and we are almost ready

The 3-day Breast Cancer walk is just over 3 weeks away and our fund raising is right on target.  Most of us have met our minimum goals!!! yeah!!!  ScottDebra and Carey can still use a little help though.
We still have about 15 team t-shirts in XL and 2X for a $20 donation.  We are still selling raffle tickets for the beautiful breast cancer quilt. We will be doing the drawing on October 1 to kick off breast cancer awareness month.  I will post the video of the drawing here like I did before.
We also have silicone breast cancer bracelets,  "Kat's Courage" tote bags, breast cancer pins, buttons, pens and beautiful beaded pink earrings.  Let us know how we can help you stock up on breast cancer items to get ready for "Pinktober" and support my team in this cause.

0 comments: