Continuing the journey in His grip.......

After being diagnosed with invasive breast cancer on October 22, 2007, I realized that raising money for breast cancer makes me feel like I am doing something instead of feeling helpless against this disease. This diagnosis was a big shock to us. I was 40 years old, always very healthy and I had 2 small children(3&1). Breast cancer does NOT run in my family.
With a very supportive husband, family & friends, I made it through months of chemo and major surgeries. As of April 3,2008, by God's grace, I am cancer free!!!! I decided that I wanted to continue the fight against breast cancer by forming a team called ”Kat’s Courage” and raising money to help put an end to this disease. There were so many breast cancer survivor's who encouraged me during my fight. To see these women not only survive breast cancer but thrive after breast cancer, gave me this courage to face my fears. I can only hope to encourage others in the same way. We have just completed the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-day for The Cure. We will continue to support different organizations that we believe in who are fighting against cancer and working for the cancer patient.

My Breast Cancer Journey

"THIS JOURNEY IS AN EVER-WINDING ROAD. I WILL WALK IT TALL, PROUD AND STRONG."

"I prayed every day that you would get well...now I pray that you would talk about something other than breast cancer awareness again"

gone fishin'

gone fishin'
caught some seaweed

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Quilt Drawing #2


October is here and marks the 3 year anniversary of me being a breast cancer SURVIVOR!!!!!!! Every month is breast cancer awareness month for me but October is a special time. All of the events and awareness in the news, magazines,commercials,etc. give me hope that a future with out breast cancer is not just in our imaginations.
We plan to spend as much time as we can in The Double Bubble Breast Cancer Bus this month. If you see us out some where, come by and sign our pink tie dye fabric in memory or in honor of someone you know who has fought this disease.

One of the fund raisers we have done this year is a breast cancer quilt raffle. I know some of you can't wait to hear the news so Congratulations to...........Melanie Bramlett!!!! I met Melanie at this years Relay For Life last May.  She bought the raffle tickets there. I am so excited that the winners of both of the quilts are sister cancer survivors. This has been so fun for us so I know we will do it again for future fund raising.


Thank you all for your continued prayers, support and encouragement.

0 comments: